Dr. Kaplan has extensive surgical training in intracranial and spinal disorders. Through his research in neuronal ischemia, Dr. Kaplan has been awarded several honors including the National Institutes of Health National Research Service Award and the Southern Neurosurgical Society Basic Science Resident Award.
- B.A., Dartmouth College, 1989
- Doctorate of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, 1994
- Surgical Internship, Washington University Medical Center, 1994 – 1995
- Neurosurgical Resident, Washington University Medical Center, 1995 – 2001
- Pediatric Neurosurgical Fellowship, St. Louis Children’s Hospital, 2001 – 2002
- Board Certified in Neurological Surgery, 2004
Dr. Kaplan completed a pediatric neurosurgical fellowship in 2002 at St. Louis Children’s Hospital and welcomes both adult and pediatric patients to his practice.
To view Dr. Kaplan’s Curriculum Vitae, click here.